Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 6

I will only write a tiny bit today because it's late and I have to get up early. Today I went to a MICEFA thing in the afternoon and realized they sell cheaper food near universities. After that I checked out the sales. Apparently after Three Kings Day (the end of the Christmas season) there are sales. It was compared to Black Friday but I don't see many similarities. Crazy hordes of people were not shoving people around them. They just had a lot of sales. I got a hat and 2 scarves: my first French clothing/accessory purchases! After that I was invited to my friend's home stay for a dinner party. Everyone was very nice and one woman even complimented my French! I was honored. There was cheese and wine and foie gras  and la bise and everything a French dinner party is supposed to be. It was a lovely and informative evening. To finish up (I'm really exhausted, guys), I'd just like to say more people thought I was French today. I think it's a combination of posture, facial expression, clothes, and that I stopped straightening my hair (the French wear it more au naturel). And it's becoming easier to not smile at everyone; it's actually quite liberating! It isn't rude to not smile and you don't have to go through the effort and awkwardness of eye contact and smiling and the timing of all of that when you walk down the street. You save your smiles for when you really mean it with your friends. I saw a ton of smiles at the dinner party, for instance. Anyway I'm gonna sleep now. Byee!

Bisous,
La vache espagnole

No comments:

Post a Comment